B.S., Nanjing University, Dept. of Biochemistry, 1996
M.S., Nanjing University, Dept. of Biochemistry, 1999
Ph.D., Vanderbilt University (US), Dept. of Biological Sciences, 2005
Lecturer in the Group: Xu, Ligeng
Peng, Rui, Ph.D., Professor
Tel: 0512-65880947 (O) Email: email@example.com
Nanobiotechnology, Molecular Biology, RNA Biology.
As a molecular biologist, in addition to my interests in the control of gene expression related to human genetic disorders as well as the regulation of pre-mRNA splicing (constitutive and alternative splicing), I am also interested in studying nanomaterials from a biologist's viewpoint, such as the biological effects of various nanomaterials (in particular, carbon-based nanomaterials) and their applications in biosensing. My current research activities are focused on the understanding and control of the nano/bio and bio/bio interfaces for unveiling the molecular pathogenesis of related diseases, as well as the development of corresponding treatments/applications.
1. Biological effects and applications of nanomaterials: their interactions with biomolecules (proteins, including enzymes, splicing factors, cellular factors, and serum factors) as well as their effects on cell morphology, viability, proliferation, and differentiation;
2. Biosensors for monitoring bio-interactions;
3. Molecular pathogenesis: disease-associated aberrant pre-mRNA splicing, genetic disorders and their gene therapy.
Over 20 publications in high-impact journals including ACS Nano, Adv. Drug Deliv. Rev., Small, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, Mol. Cell Biol., J. Biol. Chem., FASEB J., RNA. Funding from NSFC, MOE, MOST, and SIP.
1. Shuai Fang, Chao Wang, Jian Xiang, Liang Cheng, Xuejiao Song, Ligeng Xu, Rui Peng*, and Zhuang Liu*. Aptamer-conjugated upconversion nanoprobes assisted by magnetic separation for effective isolation and sensitive detection of circulating tumor cells. Nano Research, 2014, 7, 1327-1336
2. Tengfei Tian, Xiaoze Shi, Liang Cheng, Yinchan Luo, Ziliang Dong, Hua Gong, Ligeng Xu, Zengtao Zhong, Rui Peng*, and Zhuang Liu*. Graphene-Based Nanocomposite As an Effective, Multifunctional, and Recyclable Antibacterial Agent. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2014, 6, 8542–8548
3. Liming Qu, Jinhai Xu, Xiaofang Tan, Zhuang Liu, Ligeng Xu*, and Rui Peng*. Dual-Aptamer Modification Generates a Unique Interface for Highly Sensitive and Specific Electrochemical Detection of Tumor Cells. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2014, 6, 7309-7315
4. Fei Tian,Guangcun Chen, Peiwei Yi, Jichao Zhang, Aiguo Li, Jing Zhang, Lirong Zheng, Zongwu Deng, Qin Shi*, Rui Peng*, and Qiangbin Wang*. Fates of Fe3O4 and Fe3O4@SiO2 Nanoparticles in Human Mesenchymal Stem Cells Assessed by Synchroton Radiation-Based Techniques. Biomaterials, 2014, 35, 6412-6421
5. Ligeng Xu, Liang Cheng, Chao Wang, Rui Peng*, Zhuang Liu*. Conjugated polymers for photothermal therapy of cancer. Polym. Chem., 2014, 5, 1573-1580 (邀请综述).
6. Yanfeng Zhou, Xiangxu Jiang, Jia Tang, Yuanyuan Su, Fei Peng, Yimei Lu, Rui Peng*, Yao He*. A silicon-based antibacterial material featuring robust and high antibacterial activity. J. Mater. Chem. B, 2014, 2, 691-697.
7. Hua Gong, Rui Peng*, Zhuang Liu*. Carbon nanotubes for biomedical imaging: The recent advances. Adv. Drug Deliv. Rev., 2013, 65, 1951-1963 (邀请综述).
8. Kai Yang, Yingjie Li, Xiaofang Tan, Rui Peng*, Zhuang Liu*. Behavior and toxicity of graphene and its functionalized derivatives in biological systems. Small, 2013, 9, 1492-1503.
9. Jia Tang, Qian Chen, Ligeng Xu, Shuai Zhang, Liangzhu Feng, Liang Cheng, Huan Xu, Zhuang Liu*, Rui Peng*. Graphene Oxide-Silver Nanocomposite As a Highly Effective Antibacterial Agent with Species-Specific Mechanisms. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2013, 5, 3867–3874.
10. Jing Zhang, Liangzhu Feng, Xiaofang Tan, Xiaoze Shi, Ligeng Xu, Zhuang Liu*, Rui Peng*. Dual-polymer-functionalized nanoscale graphene oxide as a highly effective gene transfection agent for insect cells with cell-type-dependent cellular uptake mechanisms. Part. Part. Syst. Charact., 2013, 30, 794–803.
11. Xiaofang Tan, Liangzhu Feng, Jiang Zhang, Kai Yang, Shuai Zhang, Zhuang Liu*, Rui Peng*. Functionalization of graphene oxide generates a unique interface for selective serum protein interactions. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2013, 5, 1370-1377.
12. Liling Jin, Kai Yang, Kai Yao, Shuai Zhang, Huiquan Tao, Shuit-Tong Lee, Zhuang Liu*, Rui Peng*. Functionalized Graphene Oxide in Enzyme Engineering: A Selective Modulator for Enzyme Activity and Thermostability. ACS Nano, 2012, 6, 4864-4875. (Highlighted by Nanowerk, http://www.nanowerk.com/spotlight/spotid= 25513.php)
13. Jinhai Xu, Xiaodie He, Liling Jin, Lan Jiang, Yifeng Zhou*, Zhenhui Kang*, Rui Peng*, Shuit-Tong Lee. A protein-based electrochemical method for label-free characterization of sequence-specific protein–DNA interactions. Electrochimica Acta, 2011, 56, 5759-5765.